Orchard planted at Moreton Hall
The planting of a small orchard has been organised by 'Woodland Ways' a Suffolk wildlife group who manage a number of woods for the public to enjoy, while also preserving habitats for wildlife. The sites are owned by St Edmundsbury Borough Council. Volunteers helped to re-establish fruit trees at Pond Covert, Moreton Hall. An orchard had originally existed in the area between 1900 and 1960s.The fruits of their labour will be enjoyed free of charge when they start to crop. This is a delightful venture that will provide pleasure for generations to come and enhance the environment. The trees were supplied by 'East of England Apples and Orchards Project' a registered charity working to guarantee a future for local fruits and orchards.